5 May 2018
We have tried to write this policy in a way that is easy for consumers to understand at a “high level”, while still providing detail to allow sophisticated users (and privacy advocates) to understand what data models we’re engaged in.
This policy describes the information we process to support features offered by Sheekore (Sheekore Products or Products).
We’ve also provided a section about the choices that you have with respect to “interest based advertising,” and we encourage you to read that section and exercise your “opt out” rights if you’re inclined to do that. (But because interest based advertising leads to more relevant (and thus, less annoying) advertising, we hope you won’t do that.)
1. What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Sheekore Products, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our Products.
Things you and others do and provide
- Information and content, you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content and message or communicate with others.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase in a game), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping and contact details.
- Communication with us. We may also collect Personal Information from you such as your name, email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our products and Services, contact customer service or otherwise communicate with us.
Information from partners
Analytics. We may use analytics software to better understand the functionality of our Products. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, crash events. do not link the information stored within the analytics software to any personal information you may submit within the application. We may use Google Analytics Solution and Android vitals for diagnostics data.
Payment Processing. If you do financial transaction in our Products, we collect information about the transaction. This includes payment information such as billing, shipping and contact details. We may use Google Pay, In-app billing on Google Play, Stripe or StoreKit from Apple to process the payments.
Authentication. You may be able to log in to some of our Products using sign-in services such as Google, Facebook, Twitter or other Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with Sheekore such as your name and email address to pre-populate Sheekore’s sign-up form.
2. How is this information shared?
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Sheekore unless one of the following circumstances applies:
Public information. It can be seen by anyone, on our Products. This includes the content you upload, your ranking in leaderboards. Anyone can download, screenshot or reshare that content across or off our Products.
For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Sheekore if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Sheekore, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
3. Information Security
We use accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to Sheekore. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. While no security system is completely secure, we and our third-parties work hard take appropriate security measures to protect Sheekore and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we may hold. For us, this includes but is not limited to, ensuring that all Personal and Financial Information is disclosed only on a “need to know” basis and ensuring that all Personal Information collected by us is done so via secured connection and protected and encrypted (using secure socket layer technology, “SSL”) by industrial grade security software to guard against unauthorized access.
4. Consumer control and Opt-out options
In most cases, consumers have control over whether or not they would like to receive relevant advertisements and marketing email.
Opting Out of Push Notifications. You may in most cases opt out of receiving push notifications by going to your device “Settings” and clicking on “Notifications,” and then changing those settings for some or all of the apps on your device. (Different device configurations, or updates to devices, may affect or change how these settings work.)
Opting Out of online interest-based advertising. You can opt out of many of the platforms and service providers that facilitate online interest-based advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer education and opt-out page, at https://optout.aboutads.info/ . This type of opt out is cookie based, which means that if you replace or upgrade your browser, or delete cookies, you will need to opt out again. Opting out in this way will not prevent you from receiving ads – it will just make the ads you less customized to you. You can also use https://youradchoices.com/ and/or http://www.networkadvertising.org/ .
Opting Out of “Cross-App” advertising on mobile devices. You can opt out of having your mobile advertising identifiers used for certain types of interest-based (also called “cross-app”) mobile behavioral advertising, by accessing the “settings” on your Apple or Android mobile device, as follows:
- Apple Devices: If you have an Apple device, you can opt out of most app-based tracking for interest-based advertising by setting Limit Ad Tracking to ‘ON.’ You can do this by clicking on Settings -> Privacy -> Advertising and toggling Limit Ad Tracking to ‘On.’
- Android Devices: If you have an Android device, you can opt out of most app-based tracking for interest-based advertising by opening the Google Settings app on your device, selecting Ads, and then selecting the option to opt-out of interest-based ads.
Please note that these platforms control how these settings work, so the above may change. Likewise, if your device uses other platforms not described above, you should check the settings for those devices.
- Additional choices. Advertisers may also provide ways for you to opt out from or limit their collection of information from and about you. Please refer to the privacy policies for retailers, applications and websites to learn more about their privacy practices.
You may opt not to receive promotional emails from us by contacting us as indicated below or by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any promotional email you receive from us. Please note, however, that we may still send you non-promotional emails about your relationship with us.
5. Data Access and Retention
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and Sheekore Products, or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
When you delete your account, we delete things you have shared, such as your account photos, and you won’t be able to recover that information later. If you don’t want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the Products, you can deactivate your account instead.
6. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal data from children under 13 years of age, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such personal data from our records.
We understand the need to provide extra privacy protections to users who are children. To that end, features and services such as social networking plug-ins, behaviorally targeted advertising, and collection of data for the purpose of building user profiles are not available to users under 13. We also do not allow our third-party partners who engage in such practices to access personally identifiable data from users under 13.
We and our partners do collect non-personally identifiable data from children. This includes, for example, collection of IP-based geolocation data to ensure that the product, service or features served comply with applicable laws of that nation.
Please note that our partners may have their own policies related to tracking technologies for analytics and ad-serving purposes.
7. Contacting us